Thursday, February 16, 2017

Old Fashioned Mustard Plaster


Because I have been sick for a week now, and very sick of being sick, it has made me think about my mom's home remedies. For example when I had a stomach ache, my mom would put a brown paper bag on my stomach. When I had lung congestion, like I do now, she would treat me with a mustard plaster. And, yes! I am making one for me to use right now. I am hoping that it works as good as when my mom made it.

Mustard Plaster
1 T.  dry mustard
Scant 3/4 cups flour
Warm water.

Mix the dry mustard with the flour. Add warm water a little at a time until the mixture looks like pancake batter.

Spread the mixture on a thin cotton towel (my mom used flour sacks). Lay the towel on your chest for about 20 minutes or so.

So here goes. In honor of my mom's home remedies and always making me feel better, here goes the mustard plaster. Set the timer for 20 minutes and go!


No comments:

Post a Comment