Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Chester Ward

My mom was the best cook on the planet! Everything she made was delicious; the smells still remain with me to this day. And some of my best memories? The delicious food that she prepared for the weekly Chester Ward Banquet. The food was delicious!

My mom would cook all day long. At days end she and my dad would then load up the family in the old green station wagon and head for the Chester Ward building. Once there we had the privilege of eating that delicious food after we paid, the dime a dip! Why? Because these weekly banquets were fundraisers for the building of our little church in our tiny town in central Utah. A church everyone in the community loved, because it was our home away from home.

My mom is now gone (and unfortunately so is that little church), but her delicious recipes and passion for the wonderful home-cooked meal live on. This blog is dedicated to her.
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment