Monday, November 4, 2019

Rice Pudding and the Only Brother



This is my brother Ellis as a young cowboy on the back of a horse, and now as a doting grandfather with one of his adorable grandsons.

Ellis (or Ed as he prefers) was the only son of Ed and Theresa Dickinson, so, pretty spoiled indeed. He has always been a kind and thoughtful brother. But I do have a few wild stories I could share.....

I know Ellis loved to eat my mom's rice pudding, so this recipe is for him.










Theresa's Rice Pudding




Scald and cool 2 cups milk

Beat slightly to Mix:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Cooled - scalded milk
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
Pour mixture into a 1 qt. casserole dis and set in a pan with 1" of water. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Dish into small bowls and sprinkle with nutmeg and add a handful of raisins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment